1340 Lakeview Drive
An impressive circular driveway introduces this sprawling ranch home extensively remodeled with sumptuous appointments and surrounded in complete privacy. Brazilian cherry wood and tile floors, elaborate millwork and tray ceilings with layers of moldings, plus a rich warm color palette combine in absolute elegance. Formal rooms at the front give way to an inviting family room and fabulous eat-in kitchen all with access to the resort-inspired rear grounds. There are 4 spacious bedrooms highlighted by the romantic master suite with lavish bath and rear yard access. Outside, the separately fenced pool, custom playground, and level lawn provide for the quintessential California indoor/outdoor lifestyle. And all with access to acclaimed Hillsborough schools and minutes-away proximity to commuter routes for San Francisco or Silicon Valley.
Offered at $3,998,000
Summary of the Home
- Sumptuously remodeled ranch-style home with resort-like grounds
- Optionally sold turnkey with all furnishings
- 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths
- Approximately 3,130 square feet (buyer to confirm)
- Circular driveway creates a grand first impression to the sprawling one-level home
- Slate-tiled porch spans the front of the home sheltering the front door and sidelights, all with inlaid leaded glass
- Grand foyer provides a wonderful receiving area with large skylight, tiled floors, and wainscot paneling; elaborate custom millwork and layers of crown molding are introduced and continue throughout much of the home
- Formal powder room is strikingly beautiful with a granite-topped vanity and golden glass vessel sink
- Formal living room has a tray ceiling above Brazilian cherry wood floors, chair rail molding, and a focal-point gas-log fireplace with cast stone mantelpiece
- Formal dining room with dazzling crystal chandelier and wainscot paneling beneath cabernet-colored walls
- Stone-like tile floors span the spacious kitchen and breakfast room where French doors open to the rear grounds and pool; richly hued cabinetry is topped in granite slab with tumbled stone backsplashes, including a peninsula counter with seating
- Stainless steel appliances, all by Bosch, include an induction cooktop, 2 ovens, microwave, dishwasher, and refrigerator
- Family room, just off the kitchen, has an electric fireplace beneath custom media space and French doors to the rear grounds
- Romantic master suite boasts elaborate moldings, a lighted fan, and electric fireplace beneath media space; wide French doors open to the rear grounds and a walk-in closet and dressing area with closets provide ample wardrobe space; the en suite granite and limestone bath has a dual-sink vanity, whirlpool tub, shower for two, and private commode room
- Three additional bedrooms, all with Brazilian cherry wood floors and one with outside entrance, are served by a bath finished in granite and travertine with long vanity and separate room with tub and overhead shower
- Other features include: mud room with sink, washer - dryer and granite counters; attached 3-car garage; sound speakers inside and out; tankless water heaters; dual-zone heating and air conditioning; security and surveillance; central vacuum
- Resort-inspired rear grounds include a separately fenced pool, huge poolside storage building with double French door entrance, custom playground, and level lawn
- Over one-half acre (approximately 22,200 square feet)
- Just 1.5 miles to Highway 280 for easy access to San Francisco or Silicon Valley
- Excellent Hillsborough schools
In Hillsborough, large estates are the rule rather than the exception. The town is one of the wealthiest in the country and placed No. 18 on Forbes' 2014 list of the wealthiest U.S. ZIP codes (94010). Town ordinances ensure its exclusivity by enforcing a minimum house size of 2,500 square feet and a minimum lot size of a half-acre. Hillsborough’s population is greater than 11,000.
There are no apartments, condominiums, or townhouses in Hillsborough; Forbes calculates the median home price at $3,787,098. Notable residents past and present include entertainer Bing Crosby; publisher William Randolph Hearst; the king of Tonga, George Tupou V; diet guru Jenny Craig; and former Major League Baseball players J.T. Snow, Rickey Henderson, and Greg Maddux.
There are no commercial districts in Hillsborough. As a wealthy suburb of San Francisco, 17 miles to the north, life in the town is unhurried and quiet. The relaxed atmosphere is enhanced by tree-lined streets that don’t follow a grid pattern and instead wind around the hilly landscape. There are few traffic signals.
The town covers six square miles and is bounded by Burlingame to the north, San Mateo to the east and south, and Interstate 280 to the west.
Sunday June 3, 2018 2pm to 5pm with Mr. Softee Ice Cream Truck
Tuesday June 5, 2018 10am to 1pm Clients Welcome
Additional Showings by Appointment:
Contact Sandy Comaroto